Search This Blog

Sunday, June 16, 2019

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there.  I don't have kids and my Dad has been gone for a couple of decades. 
Here he is outside of his School in Chicago


My Dad's favorite player growing up was Cubs third baseman, Stan Hack.  He acquired the autographed card below as an adult but I'd like to think he had a copy as a kid.
Coincidentally my favorite player growing up was also the Cubs third baseman, in my case Ron Santo. I miss my Dad and I miss Ronnie. Both Hall of Famers in my book.
I got this card signed TTM right after Ron retired.

6 comments:

  1. Nice tribute to your dad--great players and cool cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. In addition to my love of sports I got the collecting gene from him.

      Delete
  2. That is such a great photograph of your dad! Some great cards too, his Stan Hack auto is pretty amazing -- can't say that I've seen too many signed Chicle's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really cool that you have a card in your collection that your dad once owned. My dad isn't into cards and the only pieces of sports memorabilia he owns is the stuff I've given him over the years.

    P.S. That photo of your father is awesome! It looks like it should be on a postcard or something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish my Dad hadn't sold so much of what he collected. I'd really like the First Day Cover collection he once owned. I still have some of his weird (not valuable) stamps and coins. I never thought of it but the photo does look like an old postcard.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...