Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2018

Cubs Sign Matt Murton

No, Murton isn't making a comeback. Matt has been named as an assistant in the Cubs baseball operations department. It's always nice to see a fan favorite remain part of the team, even if it's after a ten year absence. Maybe we'll get to hear Matt sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch this season.

If I were as organized as our friend, my fellow Cubs fan, known as "Wrigley Wax" I'd be calling this, "Matt Murton: All I've Got of Him." He sort of did this. For me, it more like, most of what I've got of him, I think.

I assume anyone reading this knows about Matt Murton's successful six year career in Japan.



3 comments:

  1. I guess he is officially retired now? He had a nice career and definitely was a fan favorite while in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see something related to him officially retiring.

      Delete
  2. I remember when he was briefly THE GUY to have in fantasy baseball.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...