Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Are You Ready for Some Football (cards)?

I watched a good portion of both NFL Conference Championship games last Sunday.  When the playoff began my two favorites were the LA Rams and the Buffalo Bills.  My reasons aren't very deep.  I like that the Rams are back in California (can we send the Cardinals back to St.Louis?)  Or maybe back to Chicago.  Right now I wouldn't mind if the Bears went to the desert.  In the AFC the Bills would have been nostalgic as well not having been to the big game since the "oh so close" Jim Kelly era.  I dislike the Patriots for the same reason a lot of fan dislike the Yankees so I'm rooting for the Eagles in Super Bowl LII.

I had four or five of these value packs in my stash so I opened one.  Below are the highlights by position.  The special Super Star pack is at the end.  (I guess my scanner sucks since I see funky stripes on all the cards that aren't really there.)  Upper Deck did it's usual great job with the photography and though partly covered by stats there is a bonus image on the back.



 
 


 
 
 
 



 
 
 




 
 
 



 
 

8 comments:

  1. Sweet cards, even sweeter superstars pack with that Brady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are three of the better cards (in my opinion) in the checklist. Peyton is the one I'd most like to have seen (he's one of the ten).

      Delete
  2. Are you trading any of these cards? If so,I am interested in the Steelers cards and Adrian Peterson card. You can reach me at tim(underscore)gretchen(underscore)marriage AT yahoo.com

    Thanks, Tim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. They remind me of their hockey cards with the varied shots and saturated colors.

      Delete
  4. I sure miss Upper Deck making NFL cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Topps did a pretty good job with FB as well but I'd take UD for all my cards, including baseball.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...