Search This Blog

Monday, September 12, 2016

Ebay Bargain "Pack"

I've only purchased two actual packs of new cards this year and they were typically (for me) so dull that I didn't think they were worth boring you with.  Recently I did a bit of Ebay bargain hunting and came up with my own "pack".  These eight cards, all won in separate auctions, were $1.24 shipped.

I know the "Perspectives" concept got mixed reviews but I like it. This is the Chrome version. Ichiro must be one of the most universally respected guys in the game.  Who would have believed when he joined the Mariners at age 27 that he'd go on the join the 3,000 hit club?  Amazing!

Not a rookie card but a nice example of one of the "faces of the game".

As a predominantly NL fan I didn't see a lot of Carlos Delgado.  His numbers are outstanding though.  He's the HR and RBI record holder for Puerto Rican players and was elected to the Canadian Baseball Hall of Fame (2015).

This is a nice looking insert of The Freak.  My wife likes him.  I may give this one to her.

The next two cards I picked up as additions to my Jewish heritage player collection.


Many say Mike Trout is the best in the game.  Baseball Reference's top 4 similar batters through age 23 are: Mantle, F. Robinson, Griffey, and Aaron.  That tells you something.

Jon's having an awesome 2nd year with the best team in baseball (16-4).  I only own the two 2016 Heritage cards here, though the 1967 set is one of my all-time favorites.

Maybe this time it won't take another two months before my next post.  Thanks for taking the time to visit.

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see a post from you! That Ichiro is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that Lester is finally starting to earn that paycheck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to write up a post on Carlos Delgado. He has to be one of the most underappreciated baseball players of all-time. The guy has over 450 home runs, a .280 career batting average, a career OPS of .929, a .546 career slugging percentage, and hit 30+ home runs in 10 straight seasons... yet collectors can find his autographs in bargain bins around the country.

    P.S. 2001 Topps Gallery is such a beautiful set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And if I rememeber correctly from Wiki he only got like 3% from the HOF and dropped off the list.

      Delete
  4. All nice cards, but I love that Delgado!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...