Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Help? Anyone Have Details on These?

I was doing a little late night Ebay searching recently and came across these two postcards.  I may be just a second tier Ron Santo supercollector so they may be more common than I know but I haven't seen them before.  The listings were about to end and the price was reasonable so I snatched them up.  My observations:
The first photograph is mostly likely from the mid-1960's.  The second looks more like 72-73.
The photographs are a matt finish.
They look as if they could have been printed at the same time.
 The listing called the cards "RPPC".  That stands for "real photo postcard".  This means that the image is developed onto postcard sized paper with with a postcard back.  The Kodak backs date from 1950-present.

That's about all I know.  Any additional information would be appreciated.  Do you have any of these?  Seen others?  Common? Rare?

Below with a little help from Picassa


2 comments:

  1. I believe these are Jim Rowe postcards. You can learn more from the below Net54 discussion (including an ad). Cool finds and especially unique photo on the later Santo.
    http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=118709

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...