Search This Blog

Friday, September 26, 2014

Yazoo! Part 1

Browsing on Ebay the other day I came across an intriguing set of cards.  I've been in the collecting/blogging doldrums lately and these really hit the spot.
The artist that painted these cards is none other than underground comics legend, Robert Crumb.  

The set combines three of my favorite things, trading cards, art and music, in this case early jazz.  Since reprinted, these are the originals put out by Yazoo Records in 1982.
  



7 comments:

  1. When I read "Yahoo", this was my first thought: http://youtu.be/PPeQGWL7fok

    That being said, I love the Goudey feel of these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great coincidence. The cards from Yazoo records were produced the same year as that song, 1982.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attractive, music-related, Crumb-created oddballs. What's not to like? I'm looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, there'll be more! Glad someone else like them.

      Delete
  4. Definitely would like to see more of these, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Digging the Coleman Hawkins card. I played sax (and jazz) for about 10 years as a kid and college student, and listened to Hawkins (among others).

    Is there a Thelonious Monk card?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Monk came on the scene a little later than the greats in this set..

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...