Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

This Product is Not for Me

This blaster, a gift from my father-in-law, was sitting in my pack stash.  I really didn't know what to expect but I had pretty low expectations.  Good thing!
So, 8 packs, 56 cards.  I pulled about a dozen or so shiny cards.  I guess that's good.  And one per pack thick gold bordered beauties.  Problem is, hardly any names I recognize or that seem to be viable prospects and the ones I do know are not close to being stars.  There was one lone exception and fortunately it saved the blaster from being a total bust.  As a Cubs fan I was happy to see the Cubs' biggest star, Anthony Rizzo.  Yeah, it's a Padres card but it doesn't scream San Diego.  And it's a refractor, so bonus.

I'm not a speculator, don't really have the interest or budget to be one.  This product is lost on me.  I appreciate the gift and I'm pretty sure my father-in-law bought it at a discount but I'd never buy it for myself.

3 comments:

  1. That must be the most unflattering photo of Michael Pineda that does not involved Yankee Pinstripes or pine tar on his neck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually like the set, but I think you're right, he probably got it at a discount. I've gotten a few packs from repack boxes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll go back in open some old Bowman sets every once in a while. You can find some good deals on sets that don't have super prospects like Trout and Harper.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...