Search This Blog

Thursday, January 2, 2014

Blow Out the Candles January 2

Bill "Mad Dog" Madlock is celebrating his 63rd birthday today.

A lifetime .305 hitter, Madlock won two batting titles with the Cubs (1975,1976) and another two with the Pirates(1981,1983).

Smiling here, Bill had a temper.  He was ejected from 18 games as a player and another 3 as a coach.

"I loved San Francisco because I got a chance to play with Willie McCovey. I loved Chicago because I loved playing with Billy Williams. But the Pirates, any time you win, and getting a chance to play with guys like Dave Parker, Stargell and Ed Ott was truly a treat…Chuck Tanner was my favorite manager. He was just unbelievable."

3 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say great post. I always liked Bill M as a kid because I share the same birthday as him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and Happy Birthday!

      Delete
  2. Did you know that that you can make dollars by locking premium pages of your blog / website?
    All you need to do is open an account with Mgcash and run their content locking tool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...